Bad breath conditions the lives of those who suffer and is annoying to the environment of these people. Did you know that more than half of the population worldwide suffer from halitosis? It’s really amazing, but it’s a real fact.
Sometimes, affected people become so used to their bad breath that they do not notice it and, consequently, do not treat it. This definitely affects your relationship with others.
In most cases, good oral hygiene is enough to prevent bad breath, in addition to being essential to maintaining optimal dental health. But even though people perform a daily and correct brushing in some cases, they still suffer from halitosis.
For example, a person who smokes is more exposed to bad breath because tobacco is very invasive, it deforms in the mouth and acquires a predominant and very unpleasant odor that is noticed mostly by the interlocutors of smokers.
Also, some foods like onion or garlic that have predominant and intense aromas, can generate bad breath.
Also, the origin of bad breath can be due to various conditions such as an infection of the gums, liver problems or chronic sinusitis.
As we said before, a significant part of the population suffers from this problem chronically, which in most cases is due to poor dental hygiene and gum problems, and in a smaller proportion to other issues such as those mentioned above.
We must also bear in mind that there is a proliferation of bacteria in the tongue, gums, and teeth that can give rise to halitosis as well as a low production of saliva that becomes in a very dry mouth or a very poor intake in glucose. All these factors can influence the time of bad breath.
Many people have trouble talking about this problem when they have it, even with their own doctors; but that does not mean that the problem is installed and that we must face it and give it a solution.
Beyond incorporating good hygiene habits and a control of the foods that are consumed, we must also rule out gastric or hepatic problems with some simple remedies that we can prepare at home and that will help us to maintain a fresh and pleasant breath, avoiding embarrassing situations.
Let’s know these homemade tricks.
1) Oral hygiene: Oral brushing, at least three times a day, is one of the most effective ways to reduce the concentration of bacteria in the mouth. These bacteria are developed with the same foods that we eat and that is why brushing is important so that the remains do not generate bad odors.
A proper brushing:
– Brushing should last at least two minutes and it is essential to use a good quality toothpaste that helps protect the teeth.
– In addition, you can take this moment to apply some baking soda to the brush in order to reduce the acidity and prevent the proliferation of bacteria that generate bad odors.
2) Eat citrus: The production of saliva is essential to avoid bad breath and we can help in this regard by consuming foods that stimulate the production of saliva and at the same time reduce the risks of halitosis. For example, citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and tangerines are very effective in increasing the production of saliva. At the same time, avoid dry foods such as cookies, toast, dried fruits that can leave traces adhered to the palate or between the teeth and cause bad odors if they remain there for a long time.
In case you consume these foods do not forget to brush your teeth.
3) Drinking water: Drinking water on a regular basis will help you fight the problem of bad breath. Because water also generates an additional production of saliva and consequently, eliminates bacteria and other infections that prevent fresh breath.
4) Lemon and artichoke (artichoke): As we have already pointed out, halitosis is sometimes due to gastric or hepatic problems. We are going to prepare a drink that will help you cleanse the stomach and the liver and in this way avoid the bad breath caused by these organs.
We are going to elaborate a homemade remedy that you will have to take in 10 days, easy to prepare and with only three ingredients.
– 2 artichokes
– 1 lemon
– 1 liter of water
Preparation and consumption:
– Cook the artichokes until they are tender
– Strain and reserve the cooking water
– Once it has warmed up, add the lemon juice and keep this preparation in a glass bottle. Refrigerate.
– Drink a glass on an empty stomach and the rest before each meal.
5) Miscellaneous infusions: Although digestive or hepatic problems are possible generators of bad breath, they are not the main cause. Anyway, we will know some infusions that we can prepare that will help solve some digestive disorders and can have a positive impact on your halitosis problem.
– Black pepper
Constipation problems can also be a cause of bad breath, so dealing with this problem can be a solution. Let’s see some foods that help maintain good intestinal transit.
– Dry fruits
– Flax grains
– Green leafy vegetables
– Natural yogurt
– Dried fruits
– Green smoothies on an empty stomach
6) Respiratory problems: One of the lesser-known causes of bad breath is respiratory problems. This factor is linked to the presence of mucus and infectious foci in some part of the respiratory system that gives rise to bad odors.
To solve the problem of halitosis caused by respiratory problems we leave you these tips:
– Drink 2 liters of water a day away from meals
– Do not exceed the consumption of dairy products and flours
– Ventilate often the rooms and the house in general
– Place plants in different environments that help purify the air, such as potus
– Perform nasal washes
– Drink infusions or make inhalations with medicinal plants of the expectorant effect such as mint, ginger, pine, and eucalyptus.
7) Fennel: Fennel contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can stop the microbial development in the mouth and therefore, neutralize bad breath.
Let’s consume the fennel in this way:
– Cut a piece of fennel and chop it.
– Take the equivalent of a spoonful and chew it for a few moments to refresh your breath and stimulate the production of saliva.
– You can also eat fennel beans to counteract the strong and pungent smell of other foods such as garlic and onions.
– To enhance the effects you can combine fennel with clove or cardamom.
8) Coconut oil: We recommend coconut oil, but we can improve oral health also using other vegetable oils such as sesame oil, sunflower oil or olive oil.
In any case, coconut oil has proven to be very effective since its fatty acids and antibacterial compounds reduce the presence of microorganisms to the maximum.
It has been scientifically proven that this biological product can destroy the bacterium Streptococcus mutans, the main responsible for tooth erosion and other oral problems.
Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action provides numerous health benefits. Just a spoonful of this oil, which will be used as a mouthwash for three or five minutes, will be sufficient for the elimination of the bacteria and for the recovery of fresh breath.
After mouthwashes with coconut oil, you can rinse your mouth with a solution based on water and baking soda.
9) Parsley: One of the plants most used to combat halitosis is parsley. This aromatic plant often used in the kitchen that also has diuretic properties is ideal for whitening teeth and improving the breath.
It contains high doses of chlorophyll which allows it to fight halitosis naturally and effectively.
– Wash several leaves of parsley and dip them in a little apple cider vinegar.
– Remove these leaves and chew for a few minutes.
– You can also take advantage of the benefits of parsley by preparing smoothies and juices where it is incorporated as the main ingredient.
– It will relieve your digestive problems and improve your breath.
10) Apple, oranges, and spinach: In this juice, we will combine the purifying effects at the oral level of citrus, the purifying effects at the gastric level of spinach and the power of the apple to eliminate impurities from the teeth.
Did you know that the apple helps to whiten teeth? This is a good reason to prepare this juice that has some important advantages.
– ½ apple
– 1 orange
– 100 g of spinach
Preparation and consumption:
– Wash and peel the apple, then cut it into small pieces
– Extract the orange juice and chop the spinach
– Blend all these ingredients until they are well integrated and drink this juice three times a week.
There are many alternatives that we have available for natural and effective use to end the problem of halitosis.
Let us know other tips that can be helpful or that can complement these 10 remedies we have seen.
– Flossing: Daily brushing is useful and necessary but sometimes certain types of food leave residues that the brush can not remove. It is at this time that we must use dental floss to remove any remaining between the teeth. When brushing do not forget that the tongue as the inside of the cheeks also deserve special treatment to avoid dental plaque.
– Foods rich in zinc: If we do not follow a balanced diet it is time to start making certain changes for the benefit of better health. The appropriate consumption of products such as nuts, transgenic free meats, seeds or cocoa can help to have a better breath thanks to the zinc contained in these foods that prevents excess bacteria in the mouth. It is common for us to find oral hygiene products that contain parts of these ingredients at the same time.
– Probiotics: A digestive system that does not work well is loaded with toxins that will produce bad breath. You can avoid this unpleasant problem by adding probiotics on a regular basis to your diet. The best alternative are the natural probiotics that you can find in products such as yogurt and cheeses. In case you are allergic to dairy products you can consume supplements that you will find in health products businesses.
– Cigarette: Smoking is an unpleasant habit that stains the teeth, dries the mouth and causes bad breath. The nicotine residues that remain in the mouth lodge in the blood vessels and limit the production of saliva. Do not forget that if you do not have enough saliva in your mouth, bacteria increase.
– Balanced diet: A diet low in carbohydrates, fats and proteins will allow you to have a better breath. Certain foods such as asparagus contain ketones that are deposited in the mouth causing bad breath. Choose foods like:
– Fruits and legumes with a crispy texture are excellent cleansers because they sweep naturally with bacteria from teeth and tongue as we eat.
– Chewing gum without sugar: chewing gum without sugar can also be beneficial. The amount of saliva increases in our mouth and helps to clean this cavity as well as the teeth. It will eliminate in this way possible remains of food that are housed there.
– Various juices: The mixture of several flavors can be a good remedy to avoid halitosis. The juice of carrot, beet, cucumber and spinach mixed with some citrus and water neutralize bad odors in the mouth.
The main thing:
All these tips do not replace in any case the controls that we must all perform every 6 months with a dentist.
If your halitosis problems persist, consult a professional.
The post 10 Natural Remedies To Combat Bad Breath and How You Should Prepare Them appeared first on Home Remedies Garden.
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE it with your family and friends on Facebook!
All copyrights for this article are reserved to: Source link