In case you didn’t know, marijuana contains a high amount of special compounds known as cannabinoids. These cannabinoids provide many different positive effects to human health when they are consumed in the right way.
Once this plant material enters the body, it binds to specific receptors in our body.
Numerous studies have shown that cannabinoids can eliminate symptoms related to cancer and standard chemotherapy, anxiety, stress, vomiting, nausea and appetite problems.
So, these symptoms include:
– Nausea and vomiting
– Decreased appetite
This is one of the reasons why the use of medical marijuana is allowed in many countries. Even though cannabinoids have a positive impact on cancer and chemo, this doesn’t mean that they don’t bring some adverse effects too. That’s why many countries are still not sure whether they should make medical marijuana legal.
The following is a list of negative adverse effects linked to marijuana:
– It can lead to asthma and lung cancer when smoked for a long time
– More chances of emergence of psychotic illnesses like schizophrenia
– May have a negative impact on fertility
– Can lead to serious problems during pregnancy
In case it is prescribed by a healthcare professional and used in the right way, cannabis can be an incredible natural medication.
Keep in mind that smoking cannabis is probably not the best idea because this practice is hurting the lungs. Many experts recommend the preparation of cannabis oil which is equally efficient.
In this article, we will present the famous cannabis oil recipe based on Rick Simpson’s experience.
A recipe for cannabis oil
Begin this journey with one ounce of dried cannabis. With this amount, you will be able to make between 3 and 4 grams of cannabis oil even though the exact amount is uncertain because it depends on the strain. In any case, a pound of dried marijuana should be sufficient to make 2 ounces of premium-quality cannabis oil.
Before you start reading the instructions, you should know that they are summed up from the official website managed by Rick Simpson. You should be extremely careful when boiling this solvent off because the fumes are highly flammable.
Don’t smoke, don’t create sparks, don’t use stove tops and red-hot heating elements during this process. Turn on a fan to keep the fumes away from the area and it’s the best idea to use an area with excellent ventilation.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– A plastic bucket
– One ounce of dried marijuana
– 2 Gallons of solvent
– A rice cooker
– A coffee filter
1. Put the dried cannabis in the plastic bucket.
2. Use the solvent to dampen the dry material. You can use many different solvents like butane, ether, pure naphtha, 99% isopropyl alcohol etc. Some people say that water can do the job too. In any case, you will need about 2 gallons of solver in order to extract the THC content from one pound which means that 500 ml is required for 1 ounce.
3. Next, crush the content with a stick of unprocessed, cleaned wood or another similar object. Even though the material will not be fully dry, you should not experience difficulties crushing it.
4. Keep crushing the content with your stick and add solvent at the same time. In the end, the material must be completely covered with the solvent and soaked. Keep stirring this mixture for 3 minutes. During this period of time, the THC will be transferred from the plant material to the solvent.
5. After that, pour the mixture into another clean bucket. Keep in mind that at this moment, about 80% of the THC content is removed from the plant material.
6. For the second wash, add solvent to the natural mixture and wait for about three minutes to extract what’s left.
7. Put the solvent-oil mixture in the bucket that has the first mixture content.
8. Remove the washed plant material.
9. Pour the mixture through a coffee filter into a container.
10. Next, use the rice cooker to boil the solvent off carefully. This device can keep more than a half gallon of this mixture. Keep in mind that you should stay away from sparks, red-hot elements, stove tops, cigarettes and open flames. The fumes created during this process are highly flammable.
11. The process continues with adding solvent to rice cooker until the cooker is about 75% full. This is when you should turn on high heat. Ensure that the room is ventilated well and turn on a fan to keep the solvent fumes away from you. Keep adding this mixture to the rice cooker until you process the whole content.
12. The level of content in the rice cooker will keep shrinking, and when this is happening for the last time, you should use a few drops of clear water (10 drops per one pound of material). In this way, you will release the solvent leftovers and keep the oil protected from high heat.
13. Once you notice that there is around one inch of the solvent-water mix left in your rice cooker, you should use the oven mitts and remove the unit from the heat source and swirl it until the solvent stops boiling.
14. Once the solvent becomes boiled off, set the rice cooker to low heat. Regardless of the phase, the oil should not go over 290 F or 140 C degrees.
15. Leave the oven mitts on your hands and remove the pot with the oil from the cooker. Slowly pour the content into a clean stainless steel container.
16. After that, put the container in an ordinary dehydrator. You can also put it on a simple heating device like a coffee warmer for example. It will probably take more than two hours, but the unstable terpenes and the water will eventually evaporate from the cannabis oil. Once you notice that the oil’s surface is free of any activity, this means that you can start using it.
17. Put the oil in a plastic syringe or some similar container. The reason why people use a syringe is to make the oil easy to use. Once the oil is cooled down, it will come with a consistency similar to the one found in thick grease.
If you are interested in dosage info, you should visit the Rick Simpson’s site. In case you’ve been prescribed medical marijuana as a way to fight cancer or the adverse effects of chemo, then you should definitely try this recipe.
Of course, talk to your physician before starting something like this and make sure that you are not breaking the law when you are preparing cannabis oil.